If you’re looking for the best sangria recipe, you’re in the right place. This is the most delicious sangria recipe. It’s summertime and what’s better than a summer night on a patio with a glass of sangria? In my mind, nothing.
What you need:
1 (small) bottle of Courvoisier or Grand Marnier
Sliced fruit (orange, lemon, lime, strawberries or whatever else you like!)
2 bottles of red wine, either Malbec, Merlot, or Shiraz (I suggest 1 bottle of one kind and ½ a bottle of another kind and save the other ½ for top ups later!)
1 bottle of Cranberry Pomegranate Cocktail
1 bottle of White Cranberry juice
1 can of Pineapple juice
1 carton of Orange Juice (no pulp, unless you like that sorta’ thing)
1 lime, freshly squeezed
Splash of Ginger Ale
How to get your drink on:
1. Put ½ a bottle of Courvoisier/Grand Marnier in the bottom of the pitcher and the other ½ in a separate container with the sliced fruit. I like to let the fruit sit in the liquor overnight but if you’re making it last minute, that’s okay too – just let it soak while you prepare the rest.
2. Add 1 full bottle of red wine and ½ of the second bottle (like I said up there, you can use two of the same kind or two different kinds).
3. Add in the cranberry pomegranate cocktail, white cranberry juice, pineapple juice, and orange juice into the pitcher (I do 1 cup at a time of each until the pitcher is almost full).
4. Squeeze in the juice of one lime.
5. Add in the fruit and remaining ½ bottle of Courvoisier/Grand Marnier that’s been soaking.
6. Finish off with a splash of ginger ale directly in the glass before you serve.