Guys – stop everything you’re doing, cancel your existing dinner plans and make these wings! These are, without a doubt, the best homemade wings you’ll ever eat. They’re crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside and full of flavor and super easy to eat. I first had these cooked by my best girl, Ash, and she was amazing enough to share her recipe (thanks, girl). Since then, we’ve made these multiple times and are a staple during football season. Bonus – there are only 51 days left until NFL starts, so you have two months to perfect your sauces.
What you need:
4 lbs of wings (pre-chopped or you can do this yourself)
2 tbsp of baking powder
¾ tsp of salt
½ cup of butter
½ cup of Franks Red Hot sauce
What you do:
1. Put the wings in a Ziploc bag or a big bowl and toss with the baking powder and salt
2. Put them on a rack that’s safe for the oven (I use a cookie cooling rack but you can also get tinfoil roasting racks from the store that you can just toss away afterward) and then put that rack on top of a baking sheet (to catch the drippings). It’s okay if the wings touch because they’ll shrink down
3. Bake at 250°F for 30 minutes on the lower middle rack
4. Move them to the upper middle rack, increase the heat to 425°F, and bake for another 40-50 minutes, rotating the tray halfway through
5. Once they’re done, let them sit for 5 minutes before tossing and eating!
6. To make the sauce, mix equal parts of melted butter and hot sauce (I use ½ a cup of each but increase or decrease based on how saucy you like your wings)
And lastly, poll: are you a wing or a drumstick lover? Luckily J and I prefer opposites, so there’s minimal fighting and never any leftovers with these bad boys. Hope you enjoy!